Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Reflections on cf.Objective()

Like I said in my comment on his blog post, I don't think I can top Ben Nadel's description of the experience of being at cf.Objective().

Still, there are a few things I want to say for myself. First of all, a big thank-you to everyone involved in the planning and execution of the conference. You all did a remarkable job. Same goes for the speakers. I think everyone learned a lot at the conference.

But what really made this conference special to me were the conversations I had outside of the presentations. I've been to CFUnited and even to MAX before, and while I learned a great deal at both, I tended to feel a bit lost, being a solo developer amongst a large crowd of folks who knew each other already or came with colleagues. cf.Objective() was different: it never took more than a minute or two to get involved in a conversation with folks from the blogosphere or even developers I knew nothing about. I always felt like I was part of what was going on. It was truly the most enjoyable conference I've ever attended.

Like I alluded to in my earlier post, I'd been feeling down and negative about, well, a number of things in the weeks leading up to the conference. I feel now like I'm back on track, ready to take what I got from this experience and run with it. So stay tuned.

P.S. A big thanks to Adobe for bring MXNA back to life, better than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment